Selling Your Home
……..Expect a Better Approach
Selling your home or rental property is the most significant transaction for most people. Questions such as timing, market conditions, legal and tax implications are but some of the issues to be considered before a sale is first contemplated. It’s a time when quality advice is of critical importance. What you need are hard facts - not a sales pitch from an ambitious agent, but a comprehensive appraisal of your property followed by a realistic and attainable valuation. This is the absolute foundation of a better transaction.
Next comes the all-important marketing of your property. Better marketing is not just about web sites and brochures. Its more about a thorough focus on the property - firstly to explore what pre-sale enhancements can be completed and then by using the best professional photography and narrative, to decide how its advantages and features can be best highlighted. Now it’s time for some exposure……….better exposure in places where it will be noticed by the right kind of people. People who will appreciate what you have to sell and who will stay the course in completing your transaction in a timely manner.
Throughout the entire process, you can expect all inquiries, viewings and negotiations to be in the care of the person who knows your property best of all - your dedicated O’Connor Shannon negotiator whom you met the first day! Our commitment to you that your instructions will not be delegated to someone who doesn’t know what your property is like. Instead, all matters will be handled by the negotiator who you trusted from Day 1. Now that’s a Better Approach!.
The Five Stages of a Better Transaction
- Comprehensive Property Appraisal – this is the time to assess the features and value of your property, discuss recent transactions, consider local market conditions and generally consider the merit in going to market.
- Pre- Sale Enhancement – where you can literally add thousands to the value of your home by preparing your home for the sale market. Some useful ideas can be found right here!
- Better Marketing Schedule – the engine that will drive buyer interest in your house, ensuring well-attended viewings and offers. Professional photography, design-led brochures, LED showroom promotion and web portals are the basics. Add extra strength to your campaign with newspaper features and editorials, 360-degree tours and Open House viewings. Like a closer look in this area? Click here for more details.
- Negotiating a better deal – where knowledge and experience matter most! Your experienced negotiator will assist with a professional assessment of all offers, will test motivation levels and will steer you clear of the obvious pitfalls.
- Sales Progression – finally when terms are agreed, the focus should be on timely completion of your transaction. Surveys need to be scheduled, legal queries answered and contracts exchanged. Soon afterwards you’ll be able to celebrate the completion of your sale.
Like to be organised for a sale? Best to get started with the following:
- Instruct your solicitor to request title deeds from your bank.
- Arrange a BER ( Building Energy Rating ) assessment – the certificate will be necessary before going to market.
- Consider what pre-sale enhancements you can reasonably expect to complete before marketing commences.
- Read, sign and return to our office a copy of the Property Services Agreement ( mandatory PSRA document).
- Provide us with Anti -Money Laundering documentation (i) Proof of Identity (copy of driving licence or passport) and (ii) Address Verification ( recent utility bill). Remember…… if two people are on title, we will require documents from each person).
- Request a custom-designed marketing schedule from O’Connor Shannon.